Wednesday 8 December 2010

The ex

I may not incur sympathy for what I say next, although it's unlikely a surprise.
I hate Isobel's mother more than anyone I've ever met.
Actually, I don't think I've ever hated anyone before.
Lizzie and I have nothing in common, other than the two people that mean the most to me in the world.
I'm a tall leggy blonde (37in inside leg to be exact). She's about ten years older than me, short with dark hair.
I sometimes compare short people to small dogs. I find them aggressive, stubborn and bitchy. There are many exceptions, but she isn't one of them.
Lizzie already had two children, 17 and 13, to two different dads before Matt made it a hat trick.
She lives in a school caretaker's house illegally sublet to her in a rundown part of the city.
She owns a three-bedroom house up the road, which she lets through the council to her mother who lives there on her own.
She's six years older than Matt, flirty, dirty and her disregard for the rules makes her fun.
She's also manipulative, vengeful and furious that he left her.
Matt had gone back to Lizzie a few times since they broke up, but then stopped.
We were closer than we'd expected to become and he'd witnessed her nasty side too often to truly believe it wouldn't be his turn soon.
And he was right. That fateful night she deliberately conceived gorgeous innocent little Isobel as her revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment